Tuesday 25 September 2012

Picture frames

I know that you can buy dollhouse pictures and picture frames by the dozen, but I like to make them myself. I cut pictures from magazines and paint them with varnish to make them look old. For frames I use lolly sticks, paint them and decorate with lace. I have also made some more elaborate frames.

 
 First  a single frame and then another on top, to create a sense of depth and weight.

 
 Then I glued on several layers of grill sticks. When you look at the stages of this process, it's amazing what a difference it makes. Then I just painted it gold 



 

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful result! I have tried to do frames but they always end up so "flat". Have to try this later =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try the varnish tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brilliant idea will be giving this ago

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking frames and I love the idea of varnishing a magazine picture.

    ReplyDelete