Saturday 15 September 2012

Food

I am not very good with modelling clay - or at least wasn't very confident then, because I have improved considerably since then. But there must be some food in the kitchen, so I decided to try.

Everything is made of air-drying clay and painted with watercolours, except the tomatoes painted with acrylic. I also made some sausage that hangs from the kitchen ceiling.


For tea in the drawing room I made some cakes, but what I am really proud of is the toast holder. When I was in the Museum of Childhood with its fantastic dollhouse collection, one Victorian house displayed a toast holder, and I saw immediately how I could make one. It's a piece of a Christmas card holder that was left over when I made the stove some months ago. I glued it onto a piece of wood. The toast is painted clay.



No comments:

Post a Comment