Saturday 8 September 2012

Nursery

To do a nursery is fun because there is room for imagination, as Anne of Green Gables puts it. I had some things that fit into a nursery, but some other things I had to make or re-make.





The table and chairs are from an old doll house. The crib used to be plain wood, so I painted it white and decorated with bits of lacey plastic placemat (a material that has proved extremenly versatile). It also decorates the shelf, which I made very simply from two building blocks and wooden strips Most of the toys are mini Christmas decorations, but I made the boat on wheels. The teddy bear comes from a flea market.



For some reason I also wanted a bed. I think it was mainly to decorate it with lace. I used chopsticks for bedposts.




No comments:

Post a Comment