Saturday 15 September 2012

Flowers and plants

The first plant I made was in fact a flower arrangement, the smallest I have ever made. The pedestal is a candle holder.


Then I made two flowers in a very clever technique I learned form my discussion group. The petals are grated plastic, painted and glued onto a stem, which is a real twig.I made both pots in my pottery class. The chair in the dining room is from ebay, as is the cat. Guess how many cats there are in my house? The answer is, I don't know, because they come and go (to other houses and room boxes), but around twenty-five, most of them well hidden, as cats should be.


I learned how to make a fan palm from Vivienne Boulton's book. Take a piece of garden wire and tape together double piece of masking tape, cut to right shape and paint. I made the pot in my pottery class.


No comments:

Post a Comment