Wednesday 26 September 2012

Doors and windows

Victorian houses have delightful, colourful front doors with lots of decorations. I made a fancy door and tried to put it on the outside of the cabinet, but it didn't work at all. The effect was lost. Still I wanted this door, so I put it on the inside of the cabinet door, which is a bit odd, but then I am playing with space inside my house anyway, with doors and stairs that don't lead anywhere.

The door frame is made from wooden strips and a bit of a photo frame. The half-moon frosted window is hlaf of a plastic lid with lace glued onto it. The door knob is an unidentifiable metal bit I found among my jusk. The letter box is made of tin foil, and the door clapper is a piece of an ear-ring. The drain pipe is a drinking straw, and the lantern is made from another unidentifiable something with a brass button on top. The brick wall is paper.

The  windows are also on the inside of cabinet doors. The sconces by the white window are made from pen caps.




1 comment: