Friday 14 September 2012

Miniature books, part 2

If you just want a book case or shelf full of books, the best way is to find a magazine or catalogue that has rows of book spines. I always save them (just as I save everything else). Here is how I made a shelf full of books

 
I cut rows of books from a magazine and glued onto card. The small bits of card create a sense of depth. It is also important to cut the upper edges. I once tried to cheat and cut them even, and the effect was gone.

 

The result looks like this. In the upper row, I glued in tiny pieces of cardboard, one by one of appropriate size, to make them look like book pages. In the other rows there is nothing behind the front.

You would never guess what I made the shelf from. The inside of a box of chocolates!


No comments:

Post a Comment