Friday 24 June 2016

Tudor bathtub

Among many small details I have wanted and never got round to in my Tudor house is a bathtub. The excellent book by Brian Long explains how to make an authentic-looking bathtub, but for some reason it just hasn't happened.

Yesterday I had another successful round of charity shops. (They are all in the area where I have my hairdresser and my dentist). This is what I found:


Not sure yet what I will do with the metal things, most probably candlesticks. The glass jar will join other jars in the larder. The handbag I will give to my friend the happy shoe shop owner. Every now and then I give her something to add to the shop.

But can you see what the napkin rings will be?


I think they look very, very authentic.



But do I really need two bathtubs in the Tudor house?



One can go into Victorian kitchen. Among many other things.



In any case, two very nice objects that took me about five minutes to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment