Monday 27 June 2016

Queen Anne firescreen

This wasn't a hugely challenging project, especially after the Chippendale firescreen. More precision leg-gluing, but I am really getting better at it.

 

It was my serious intention to cover this screen with a pretty cross-stitch piece from Ely cathedral, but as I tried it felt much too crude. I may find something else, but actually I think it is so pretty as it is that I may leave it like that. It looks great in the room.





I find it remarkable how, when you have added a nice detail to a room you cannot even image how it could have been without. If you look at my previous post showing the same room you may notice the old firescreen that had been there for a long time and done a good job. But you see the difference, don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment