Friday 16 November 2012

Music room, continued

Apart from piano and oboe, a music room must of course have a CD player and masses of CDs. I had earlier made CDs for my modern house, so it was easy, but I had to find music that I believed Jane and I both liked.


I cut covers from a music magazine and pasted on a bit of card, double-sided. Of course it means that that there is a different cover on each side, but I paired them in an interesting way.


I made the CD player from bits of a 3D wooden puzzle. Yes, I realise that there is something profoundly wrong with the depth, but I don't care. The displays are cut from a catalogue, as it the remote. I built the shelf from wooden strip and wooden beads.

This is what the room looked like when it was finished. Guess whether Jane was surprised!



No comments:

Post a Comment