Monday 28 March 2016

Topiary

I want two topiary shrubs in front of the main entrance. I made topiary plants before, so I knew exactly how to do it. You use a large bead or, as in this case, a felt ball, paint it green, cover with glue and roll in grass powder, the kind model railway people use. Except now, as then, I didn't have grass powder. I first tried knitting wool, and it didn't work at all because it looked fluffy and unnatural. So I tried embroidery yarn, and that looked much better, and the colour was better too.

This time I also wanted to do it properly, so I used a bit of real dry oasis (sorry, the picture turned out too dark, but it's too late) and then covered it with tiny decorative pebbles. I had to select the smallest.

 


I am really pleased with the result.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!

    I thought you might enjoy this site. Many tutorials and great ideas. Even topiary!
    http://weloveminiatures.com

    ReplyDelete