Sunday 6 September 2015

Lower entrance door

I have now put back the basement fronts, after all my work inside the basement rooms. An unfinished detail that drew my attention was the basement entrance door, the deliveries door that will eventually be under the grand front stairs. So far there isn't much to see on the outside.




On the inside, it looks weird. The door does have wooden hinges, but they come off easily, and there is no surround so I wonder whether this door is meant to be opened at all.


If you have followed my blog you know that I decorate the inside of the fronts, to create an illusion of additional space. To the right in this picture, you see the extension of the best kitchen. To the left is the fourth wall of the lower entrance hall, but I don't think I will use the wallpaper, it will be too messy. But I needed to do something about the door, to keep it in place and have neat trimmings. I used my favourite full-size wallpaper for the surround and a craft stick for the threshold. The door knob is a paper clip. The horse shoe over the door comes from some junk jewellery. And the hook for the keys is a tip from champagne wire. I really like it. In fact, I like it so much that I may replace all nails in both kitchens with such hooks. I have plenty of champagne wire.




No comments:

Post a Comment