Tuesday 17 September 2019

Barbecue, part 3

Read the previous post about this project.

I had several ideas about how to make a fake window, but in the end I cut it from card and put a bit of transparent plastic and two bits of ribbon behind it. I glued the assembly onto the wall, then added the frame, made of coffee stirrers. I made the shutters from strips of wood and coffee stirrers and painted with the same technique as the door.

I made a window box from a bit of a biscuit box - just the right size and shape.


 


I bought these flowers cheap at a car boot sale. Have no idea what kind of flowers they are supposed to be or whether they need leaves, but I won't spend much more time on them, after all the whole wall is just a backdrop for some garden furniture. I may add a rosebush in the left corner.



 I aged the furniture a bit with dark wax. I found the garbage bin at a flea market the other day.

What is left to do now is some details: barbecue tools, wood or coal, meat and other food, plates and glasses, maybe children's toys left behind. This will be fun to make. Come back soon.

2 comments: