Saturday 2 January 2016

Chippendale furniture, part 2

I continue the inventory of my Chippendale furniture. I now see from the dates of my blog posts that it took me two years to get more kits.

Links will take you to blog posts where I explain step by step how I made the miniatures. The collectors numbers are from House of Miniatures catalogue.

Chippendale desk on frame, ca 1770 (no 40067, 1981)



 Hepplewhite round table, early 1800s (no 40005) and Hepplewhite corner table, 1780-1800 (no 40061), description here.

 

Chippendale daybed, 1750 (no 40043)


 The previous post also included  Chippendale looking glass, 1750 (no 42403)



And finally, hutch cabinet (no 40003)

 

The wonderful thing about these kits is that they contain very interesting explanations about how, when and where the real pieces were made and how they were used. I have learned a lot from them.

All these pieces are now in Womble Hall. I have just bought two more bundles which will keep me busy throughout 2016. There are only a couple of things I already have. There are many more things to collect. I don't have space for all these objects in Womble Hall, but once you have started collecting... Come back soon.




3 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog for about the past 24 hours, catching up on all of your amazing building and tips. Thank you for sharing and inspiring me as I embark on my own mini journey :) I'll be back to visit often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I never know who reads my blog and whether they find it interesting and helpful so your feedback is valuable and encouraging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading and learning too. 😊

    ReplyDelete