I am not going to spend much more time on this house because from the point of view of what I wanted to do with this project - make something ugly into something pretty - it's done. I am sure I will be adding to it just as I keep adding to all my houses and room boxes, but for the time being it's finished. I have added some details as final touches. I will describe them room by room.
In the bedroom, there is a lamp on the wall over the bed which is a button. The vase on the chest is a bead, and flowers are real. The heater is a stray Lego bit.
In the bathroom, the toilet is from kit, but the bath tub and the washbasin are plastic things of forgotten origin. They have identical taps that are parts of tiny water pistols from Chrismas crackers. The ceiling lamp is cut from a medicine card. The curtains are made from a ribbon.
The drawing room has a standard lamp made from kit and a table lamp made from a chess piece and a toothpaste lid. The fruit bowl is another medicine container, and the fruit are beads. The painting on the wall has a frame which is a button. The curtains are ribbon here as well.
The utensils in the kitchen are wrong scale, but I will find something better later. The bucket feels right, and I made the broom in the way all miniature maker are familiar with, from a piece of string and a toothpick. The clock is a button with a face cut from a catalogue.
On the whole, I am very pleased with this project. I have learned how to improve kit furniture, and I have trained my half-scale eye.