Sunday 23 June 2019

A weird chair

A friend of mine posted a photo on Facebook from a local museum. Another friend commented that they had had a chair exactly like that when they were a child.

 

The opportunity was too good to miss. I said I would replicate it in miniature.

It was supposed to be a quick and inexpensive project so I didn't bother to build the chair myself and bought something that was close enough.


 


I posted this on my friend's timeline saying that I accepted the challenge. Yet another friend commented that the point of the chair was the missing part. Well, yes, exactly.

I have most of my tools temporarily in storage, so I didn't even have a little saw. I did it with a scalpel which took some time, but I wasn't in a hurry. A lot of sanding too.


 


Then I stained it with dark oak stain.

 

Then I rubbed it with a candle here and there. Painted with green and wiped off immediately. Paint does not stick to wax which produces the right effect.

It was fun to make. Not sure what I will do with it, other than post the picture on my friend's FB.






1 comment: