Sunday 14 April 2019

Milk canister


I have made milk containers and canisters before, mostly using hotel-size shampoo bottles or eye-drop dispensers, like this one:

 

This time I wanted to do it a bit differently. I still used a plastic eye-drop bottle - I have endless supplies of these.

 

Don't throw away the cap - they make perfect lamp shades. But cut off the nozzle.



 

Acrylic paint doesn't work on plastic so I used enamel. It's messy, it smells and takes ages to dry. I use florist foam to let painted items dry on a stick.

 


For handles, I used heavy staples that come with wine crates. Or shall I say, used to come, as wine merchants don't give away or sell their wine crates any more. But I have a stash of these staples; they come handy for various things. It is easy to make holes in a plastic bottle.



 


Since my canister will be permanently sealed, I didn't bother cutting the staples to measure, they are simply inside the bottle.





For lid I used one of the many metal caps I once got from a miniaturist friend - I think they are for making fabric-covered buttons.

This was a quick project, apart from drying time.


No comments:

Post a Comment