Monday 29 July 2013

Replacements

It is with nostalgic reluctance that I replace some of the furniture I made during the very first weeks of my miniature making almost six years ago with new objects. I realise that those first attempts were clumsy, that I didn't have proper tools and materials, hadn't done enough research. But I was eager and enthusiastic, and in a way it feels a betrayal to remove something that I once made with so much love and effort.

Nevertheless I have just made another replacement in the Victorian bathroom. The old wash stand was among the very first pieces I made, and it has served well.


 However, I bought a very elegant wash stand during my recent flea market binge, and it will now go into this space. At least I can proudly say that I made the wash set (and the two small pots underneath) in my pottery class.




No comments:

Post a Comment