Sunday 14 July 2013

More furniture improvements

Now that I have figured out how to make the kit furniture nicer it's just a matter of patience. I made a table for the drawing room


A bookshelf

with book rows cut from a magazine


An armchair

 

After which I gained so much confidence that I decided I could make something that was missing from the kit. I took the side pieces from another armchair and used the empty template to make the seat and the back. I used a cheesebox, and because I don't have any elaborate tools I simply cut it with scissors.



 I don't think my sofa is significantly inferior to the one mising from the kit.


 Of course it still looks more like a park bench than a sofa, but wait...



Here is the whole set. I stained and varnished the furniture, and unfortunately the stain didn't stick where there was some glue left on the sofa: there is an ugly patch that I will do something about. The ceiling lamp is a toy from a Christmas cracker, and the table lamp is a chess piece with a plastic tube cap. The carpet is paper, cut from a catalogue and fringed all round
 


1 comment:

  1. Va fina de blev, de är verkligen en förbättring nu när du tagit bort utstickande delar =)
    Kan du sandpappra lite där limmet är, så kanske färgen fäster bättre?!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete