Saturday 1 February 2020

House restoration: nursery and servant quarters


The next room I repaired after the big disaster was servant quarters. Once again, my step-by-step posts from two years ago proved helpful.

There wasn't much damage to this room so I only had to glue the torn wallpaper.




As with the guest bedroom, I only put in things I could easily find in my storage boxes, so the numerous details are still to be added.

Next to the servant room is the nursery. I love this room because you can add as many details to it as you please.

At first I though there wasn't much damage to it, just torn wallpaper and some minor damage to the floor.

 


On closer inspection, however, the door surround was broken.





It was difficult to mend because it was hard to reach. When I built the house, I worked as much as possible on flat surfaces, including inserting doors. This door, I remember, was particularly stubborn, but at least I didn't have to fix it standing on a stepladder, reaching to the farthest corner. It will never be perfect, but it wasn't probably perfect to begin with.

Then I glued the wallpaper,  made some improvements on the floor, and while I was at it, I painted some edges that I had neglected three years ago.




With the nursery, I believe I have found more or less everything that should be there, an abundance of toys and books. The only thing still to be done is hang the bookshelves. And a couple of children are still evacuated in the country, but the room is now ready for them to return.


To be continued.

2 comments:

  1. The room looks so inviting and playful with the repaired paper and all of these wonderful toys! You did a great job with the smashed door trim! Have fun with the display shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, the room looks exactly the same as before, great job

    ReplyDelete